Decisions. . . Decisions. . .
The next tentative ride is scheduled for July 30th at Muckleratz. I was all jazzed to go, and a few of the other barn ladies were also tossing around the idea. How fun would a CTR close to home be with the whole barn crew?!
Then, the hemming and hawing started. My indecisiveness is partly in blame because I normally see 8 sides to every thing. As they say, the devil is in the details… Knowing full well that neither myself or my horse are summer children, would a 30 mile CTR in humid, moist July heat be worth the money spent? Should I save my cash and put it toward Hector instead? Am I fit enough?
With the wedding finished and no other personal obligations pending, I am tossing around the idea of doing training rides for the remainder of summer and heading to Hector in September. Mechele tells me Hector is beautiful, and I’ve never been to the area before. Furthermore, I feel have some additional catching up to do in the fitness department. Nakai is still incredibly fit, but I haven’t had the opportunity to go any long distance rides since Foxcatcher due to conflicting obligations. I’ve changed a few things around with my tack, and I’m not sure how much of a hindrance I’ll be to Nakai if I am not as in shape as I should be at Muckleratz. Ultimately, I’d like to lose another 10-15 pounds, and Hector would give me time to do so.
Squirreling away my savings and conditioning the rest of July and August sounds like the best thing to do… sigh.